BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Officially Ipledge Registered

Today I got my letter in the mail that has my Ipledge password and account number on it. This means I am officially registered with Ipledge. The Ipledge system is a program the government put in place for the prevention of pregnancy while on Accutane. Accutane is known to cause birth defects so it is very important that you do not get pregnant while using Accutane. Ipledge is a way of having control over woman getting pregnant, it requires two forms of birth control. My two selected birth control options are the pill and make latex condoms. Most dermatologist will not even consider prescribing you Accutane unless you are on the pill, abstinence is not an accepted form of birth control for them. On top of using the two forms of birth control you are also required to have a pregnancy test every month before you can refill your prescription.Your doctor must summit your result into the Ipledge system. After you have taken your pregnancy test and been submitted into the system you have exactly 7 days to pick up your prescription before you are booted from the system and have to start all over again with the process. Only doctors and pharmacies that are registered with Ipledge can prescribe or fill the prescriptions. So my official date for my next pregnancy test and the start of my Accutane is now March 3rd.

0 comments: